A few weeks ago I came across Alton Brown’s recipe for perfect scrambled eggs. I had to laugh because Alton used the wrong ingredients for perfect eggs. Rather than adding milk, he should have taken his culinary cues from hollandaise sauce: butter, lemon and eggs.
Really Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Earth Balance or butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Minced scallions (optional)
- Garlic pepper (optional)
1. Melt the Earth Balance or butter in a small skillet over medium low heat.
2. Break the eggs into a small bowl and whisk quickly to scramble.
3. Once the butter is melted, add the lemon juice to the eggs and then pour the egg mix into the warmed skillet.
4. Using a spatula, gently stir the eggs as they cook so they are evenly done. Remove immediately once they reach the texture you prefer.
If the eggs form small curds, reduce the amount of lemon juice next time. In this case, more is not necessarily better.
5. Serve with minced herbs, minced scallions, and/or salt and pepper to taste.
Our family prefers The Spice Hunter’s Garlic Pepper (image is affiliate link).