Each bite is a burst of different flavors!
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, grated
- 1/4 head (about 1 cup) thinly-sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced or chunks as you prefer
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup mukimame (green soybeans), cooked or 2 cups edamame, cooked and then shelled
- 1/3 cup raisins (may be served on the side as optional topping)
1. Cook the mukimame or edamame as per the package and then cool. If you are using edamame, remove and discard the pods, saving the green seeds inside.
2. Grate the cabbage into a pretty salad bowl and then add the remaining ingredients. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Cabbage salad seems to combine well with sweet flavors, so serve with honey-lemon dressing or the maple syrup lemon dressing highlighted in the next post.
Also participating in: