If you love corn, you’ll love these double-corn turkey burgers featuring cornmeal hidden inside and bright yellow kernels of corn in the salsa. If you are looking for more recipes that use corn, try this week’s Food on Friday round-up at Carole’s Chatter.
Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 pound (20 oz) ground turkey
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin, to taste
- 1 4-oz can diced green chilies
- 1 egg (truly optional)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
1. Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Shape the prepared burger into patties as desired.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat about one minute, or until it just shimmers. Add the patties and fry until browned, about three to five minutes. Flip and brown on the second side. Be sure to cook the patties until they are no longer pink in the center.
In the meantime, prepare the corn salsa.
1. Heat 1 cup of frozen corn kernels as per the package instructions. Mix with 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa and warm in a small saucepan.
Serve the burgers with corn salsa on top.