Nothing beats a warm piece of pumpkin bread on a cool morning.
Pumpkin Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can substitute an equal amount of almond meal for up to one cup of the flour)
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup your favorite vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (first 7 on list).
- In a large measuring cup or small mixing bowl combine the remaining wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form a depression in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into it.
- Fold together until just moistened (do not over mix).
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes, until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is a family favorite recipe that I have been making for years.
Do you have a favorite pumpkin bread recipe?