Ever start making something and realize you were short an ingredient halfway through the process? The inspiration for this recipe was an unexpected shortage of berries. The addition of canned peaches saved the day.
- Your favorite recipe for 9 inch pie crust, double crust size
- About 1 1/2 cups mixed berries, thawed slightly (defrost in microwave works well)
- 1 cup canned peaches, with juice
- 1/3 cup sugar or to taste
- 3 Tablespoons flour (or your favorite thickener)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400° F
- Prepare and roll out pie crust for bottom layer.
- Lay bottom crust into 9 inch pie plate.
- Mix together filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add filling to pie plate.
- Cover with top crust and crimp edges. Prick top crust with fork.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.